Confrere is a video calling service meant for professionals to communicate with their visitors. Professionals are at the center of our system: they are the users who have access to the dashboard, and can accept visitors (eg., clients, patients, etc.) who have made an appointment to have a video call.
There are two main flows in Confrere: the visitor flow and the professional flow.
- The visitor visits the main page (https://meet.confrere.com).
- The visitor selects which professional they wish to meet with.
- The visitor prepares for their appointment by entering their name and phone number in the fields provided.
- The visitor grants access to the camera and microphone.
- The visitor selects media device and gives consent.
- The visitor waits in the "waiting room" for the professional to call them.
- The visitor receives an incoming call from the professional, and accepts the call.
- The video call interface opens on the visitor's screen, where they then communicate with the professional via video and audio.
- When the visitor or professional hangs up, the visitor is taken to a receipt page. 10. The visitor may now close the browser window.
- The professional goes to their dashboard (https://meet.confrere.com/dashboard).
- The professional logs in with their credentials
- The professional sees a list of previous appointments.
- The professional waits for a new visitor to appear in the waiting room.
- The professional calls the visitor.
- When the visitor accepts the call, the professional is taken to the video call interface, where they communicate with the visitor.
- When the professional hangs up, the professional is taken to a summary page.
- The professional returns to the dashboard for the next visitor to arrive. The previous appointment is now visible on the dashboard.
As a developer, you must understand these concepts and use them to inject the visitor into the correct flow for your application. You can create appointments through our API, and we will return a URL where you can redirect your users when they are ready to start their video call.
Updated 2 years ago